Killens Pond State Park Water Park will reopen Friday after a thorough cleaning that followed a staff member testing positive for COVID-19.
Other water park staff who were in contact with that person have all tested negative for the novel coronavirus. They are following the state -recommended quarantine period.
The park had opened July 11 — late for its traditional opening — and then had to close the following week because of the positive test.
Other water park staff have continued routine cleaning during this week’s closure and a deep clean with spray sanitizer will be completed Thursday.
Because of COVID-19, water park hours will continue to include two sessions per day, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The facility is closed Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Guests must reserve a session online prior to visiting the water park. Tickets will not be available for purchase at the park.
The number of visitors are capped at 30 percent of the facility’s normal admission.
The following protocols and procedures are in effect until further notice:
- Masks or other cloth face coverings are required for entry into the water park, while in line, in concession areas and restrooms, and when social distancing of at least 6 feet between those of other households cannot be maintained.
- Face coverings may be removed once on the pool deck, but must continue to be worn when social distancing is not possible.
- Face coverings are not required while in the water. Any face coverings visitors choose to wear while in the water must be made of swimsuit-type material (man-made fibers). Standard face coverings made from cotton may make it difficult to breathe when wet.
- Guests must continue to social distance when in the water.
- Bathrooms and slide handrails will be sanitized every hour, and all other touch points will be sanitized between sessions.
- All other COVID-19-related rules, regulations and recommendations from the Division of Public Health apply.
- All other Water Park rules and regulations apply.
Water park entrance fees are $6 for those under 48 inches and $8 for those 48 inches and taller. Entry is free for children ages 2 and younger. The water park features attractions for all ages and abilities, including a main pool, baby pool, slides, fountains and a variety of other fun water features.